Personal info:

My photo
Swedish, Nature conservation freak, Passionate about Africa, Loving Peace, Politically neutral

Saturday 25 April 2009

1 year anniversary!

The day before yesterday (23rd) was the 1 year anniversary of the launch of this blog. I totally forgot about it, probably because it hasn’t felt as a whole year. Anyway I, The Evolving Ape, have to congratulate myself for hanging in there for so long. I don’t know if anyone else enjoyed it, but it has been 12 months of joy for me. Hopefully I can continue writing on regular basis in the future.

Some memorable moments from the past year:
  • 220 posts have been uploaded since the start, which equals an average of 0.6 posts/day.
  • The most common tag to my posts has been “South Africa”, used for 29 posts.
  • I have written some 14 posts about Robert Mugabe, but only around 5 posts about sustainable development (I probably should change the subtitle of my blog…)
  • The post that generated most visitors in a single day (approx. 5 000 unique visitors) was the one where I claimed that Obama will be dead within four years (Link).
  • The post the generated most comments (112 in total) was the one about my wish for Israel to wipe out Palestine (Link).
  • My Israel/Palestine series (Link1, Link2, Link3, Link4) resulted in several death threats sent to my e-mail. Kind of interesting experience...
  • All in all The Evolving Ape have had some 100 000 visitors (not unique visitors), which averages at around 2 000 per week.

Anybody who wants to celebrate The Evolving Ape may do so by having some cake and champagne (which you buy yourself), and I will try to provide some good atmosphere by continuing bloging.
Sphere: Related Content

3 comments:

Björn Nilsson said...

Ett år ... känns som en evighet (hur man nu skall tolka det ...?). Keep up good job, man!

Geoffrey Goines said...

Thanks for the kind words! Up keep up your good work as well!

Phat^Trance said...

R.I.P Albert!